The high level interface to the VoIP System - 650 Series is provided in binary form as a 32-bit Dynamic Link Library (DLL) for Microsoft Windows. This DLL defines an Application Programming Interface (API) for communicating with the call manager.
This API provides full intercom master functionality to the client, including:
• Receiving events from the intercom system, such as:
• Endpoint status changes, such as online/offline, isolate, remote or alarms (tamper alert, audio fault).
• Call notifications. For each intercom call the manager can distribute details of the call to interested endpoints, including the name, location and CCTV camera association for the endpoints involved.
• Generating log events into the intercom system event log database.
• Originating and answering calls, although audio playback/capture through a soundcard is not provided by the HLI library and requires a separate RTP library. Alternatively the manager can be configured to redirect audio to a stand-alone Jacques Intercom master station associated with the client.
• Changing site properties, such as isolating slaves or remoting master stations.
Internally the library manages all aspects of the Jacques Call Control Protocol for the client, including:
• Connection to the manager, including hostname lookup, socket communications, heartbeat acknowledgments and timeouts.
• Communication using the Jacques Call Control Protocol between the client application and the Jacques 650 Series Server, including all message assembly and parsing, message transmission, acknowledgements and retransmissions.
• Isolating the client application from blocking network or thread functions inside the DLL.
• Call queue management for incoming intercom calls.