The sensor is a silicon pressure sensor, an 8-bit RISC processor, and a LF-input stage to meet market demands for flexible, customer specific behavior/solutions and overall system cost reduction.
Product Description of Tire Pressure Sensor - NPX-1:
A programmable version of the tire pressure sensor shall be available for development purposes, allowing the customer to download the application code in an electrically programmable ROM version.
This sensor is intended for developing the application specific program. In order to ensure high reliability, the production version of the tire pressure sensor will have the measurement routines (pressure, temperature, and supply voltage) implemented in a mask ROM version.
Features & Benefits of Tire Pressure Sensor - NPX-1:
- 12 Bit ADC
- 4k Byte Flash (E-ROM)
- 2k ROM for user application
- 128 Byte RAM
- 128 Byte EEPROM
- Battery Management—minimizing power consumption
- Measure & Compensate Pressure, Temperature, and Battery Voltage
- Media Compatibility with Tire Pressure Media
- 450, 700, and 1400 kPa absolute pressure ranges. Custom ranges are available
- On Chip Temperature Sensor
- On Chip Temperature Shut Down