TU Screw Conveyors and Feeders are manufactured in carbon steel with a suitable surface finishing. They are made up from a tubular trough that is equipped with at least one inlet and outlet spout, a welded flange at each tube end, helicoid screw flighting welded on a centre pipe with a coupling bush at each end, two end bearing assemblies complete with self-adjusting shaft sealing unit, a number of intermediate hanger bearings depending on the overall length of the screw conveyor. Furthermore, TU Tubular Screw Conveyors are equipped with a gear motor that suits the application.
TU Tubular Screw Conveyors come in a medium-heavy-duty design only.
TU Screw Conveyors are available with ATEX, zone 22 certification.
Function of TU Tubular Screw Conveyors
The TU Tubular Screw Conveyor and Feeder system is highly versatile and offers a variety of standard solutions for handling of powdery or granular materials. Depending on the characteristics of the material different models of conveyors or feeders are available in applications like concrete production (cement, fly-ash, filler dust, silica fume), asphalt production (hot and cold filler dust), premixed building materials (dry plasters, sand, cement, additives), glass processing (calcium carbonate, soda, sand, etc.), foundries (sand, bentonite), and many others.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits of TU Tubular Screw Conveyors
- Powder coating
- 7 outside tube diameters
- Outside tube complete with welded end flanges, one inlet, one outlet, inspection hatch beneath inlet and each intermediate hanger bearing
- Helicoid screw flighting welded on centre pipe
- End bearing assemblies complete with self-adjusting shaft sealing unit
- Splined shaft couplings
- Lifting eyes on each tube section
- Various types of screw flighting
- Small overall dimensions and compact design
- Small number of components and spare parts
- Maintenance-free versions available
- Easy installation
- Small diameter, great efficiency, high throughput rates
- Modular design offers a great variety of options suitable for numerous applications
- Optimum price-performance ratio
Options & Accessories for TU Tubular Screw Conveyors
- Compact direct drive
- Drive options: direct with or without semi-elastic shaft transmission coupling, chain transmission, belt transmission
- Variable speed drive
- Inlets/outlets with beaded edge or welded flange
- On request: different type end bearings, shaft seals, intermediate hanger bearings, screw designs
TU SCREW CONVEYORS AND FEEDERS ARE AVAILABLE WITH ATEX, ZONE 22 CERTIFICATION.