The advantages of painting your pool or spa are:
- Easy to clean
- Long lasting
Compared to Tiles; paint offers a seamless finish, no tile joints to get dirty, no tiles to fall off.
Compared to an Aggregate finish (which cannot be refurbished); paint has no rough surfaces to scratch the skin, and a smooth finish for easy cleaning.
When selecting your pool paint there are two types. Single pack, such as Chlorinated Rubber and two pack Epoxy.
To distinguish between them:
- Limited colour range----Extensive colour range
- Lasts 2-3 years----Lasts 7-10+ years
- Single pack----Two pack
- Higher cost per year----Lower cost per year
- Easy to recoat----Need to sand to recoat
- Chalks (whitens)----Yellows slightly to UV exposure
- Soft surface----Hard surface
- High solvent content (smelly)----Virtually solvent free
The Epotec Hi Build epoxy has proven to be the best, long term pool paint in Australasia, with over 20 years usage.
If you need further guidance contact Hitchins Technologies Pty Ltd