The VM-521 is based on the fastest chipset in Intel's Bay Trail-I Series, the E3840 Platform, which provides outstanding computation, graphical and media performance.
Offering fit-for-purpose ruggedness and functionality, the VM-521 is one of the leading Vehicle Mount Computers on the market. This Vehicle System meets IP66 protection against dust and liquid as well as MIL-STD-810G designed to withstand humidity, shock and vibration in tough environments such as mining, emergency services and waste management.
Utilising the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard, GPS and WWAN, the VM-521 provides faster processing power, broader coverage and a stable & efficient transmission environment. Moreover, it offers a high capacity for networking several devices to simultaneously transfer data.
The VM-521's display capability is 1,000 nits and considered truly sun-readable offering superb viewability in direct sunlight, plus exceptional 0.1 nits hyper dimming technology, providing a wide brightness adjustable display to meet dim-to-black requirements. A superior user visibility makes the VM-521 ideal for day and night operations.
With gigabit LAN, USB, digital I/O, COM and CAN ports, the VM-521 is truly designed for field operators. The isolated ports protect the VM-521 from ground loop and improve system reliability. In addition, these ports also meet NEMA0183/NEMA2000 physical standard.
Key features of this exceptional Vehicle Grade Computer include:
- 70,000 hours Long Life LED Backlight
- 0.1 nits Hyper Dimming to 1,000 nits Sunlight Readable (MIL-STD-85762A)
- Wide Operating Temperature (-30 to 55°C)
- Wide Range (9-36 or 18-75VDC) Galvanic Isolation Power
- Seamless Communications - GPS, Bluetooth & 802.11 ac
- Built-in Backup Battery
- LAN and Isolated COM, CAN, DIO Ports
- Optional Optical Bonding/PCT/Defroster
- Optional Video Surveillance Function