Improved performance has been achieved by careful selection of the steel which is unique to Parsons and special heat treatment during the manufacturing process.
Each connector is additionally differentially heat treated to ensure the connector side hardness level is limited to a maximum of HB 363. This ensures maximum resistance to potential rubbing cracks and also further enhances the fatigue life performance.
V-Lock connectors are only for use in the vertical plane and are dimensionally in accordance with DIN 22258:2003 Part 3.
They are extremely sprocket friendly and are lighter in weight compared with the equivalent Chainlock connector.
Assembly and Maintenance
An instruction leaflet is supplied with each V-Lock connector which gives guidance on correct assembly and maintenance.
Key points are:
- Only fit in the vertical plane
- Ensure that mating surfaces are clean and assemble carefully noting the correct direction of travel indicated by an arrow on the top face of the connector
- Do not interchange components between connectors
- Ensure the two sets of tension pins are fully inserted
- Regularly check for wear and damage
- Always fit new tension pins when re-assembling the connector
- Fully examine every 3 months or 1M tonnes conveyed whichever is the sooner. (For BSL use, examine monthly).