- APVMA Code :51126
- Active Constituent(s):
- 500g/kgchloropicrin ()
- 500g/kgmethyl bromide ()
Nufarm Vertafume Soil Fumigant contains 500g/kg methyl bromide + 500 g/kg chloropicrin and is registered for use by professional & registered fumigators for the control of certain soil-bourne pests and diseases.
General Instructions Important
Nufarm Vertafume soil fumigant is a highly dangerous liquid containing Methyl Bromide and Chloropicrin. When released it turns into a gas. Both liquid and gas are poisonous. Application of Vertafume should not be made when there is little or no air movement or when there is an inversion.
Signs as below must be prominently shown at all approaches to fumigation site.
'DANGER - POISON GAS - KEEP AWAY'
- Station a guard at the treatment site to prevent entry of unauthorised persons, children and animals, during treatment and aeration period.
- After fumigation, aerate structures well, until halide detector indicates fumigation area free of methyl bromide.
- DO NOT drop, bump or drag cylinders.
- DO NOT unload by rope-sling, hooks or tongs.
- Keep cylinders upright in tamper-proof airy stores, away from dwellings and food and feedstuffs.
- Put out all pilot lights and glowing heating units.
Plant growth has occasionally been unsatisfactory in soil treated with this product. Difficulty has been experienced with carnations, conifers, holly, multiflora roses, snapdragons and other ornamental plants and shrubs.
Be sure treated soil or material is free from METHYL BROMIDE before seeding or using. Working the soil will help aeration. Prevent contamination of fumigated areas. If necessary to avoid flooding, trench around them or build wooden or earthen dams.
Clean shoes carefully when walking from untreated to treated soil. Do not use tools, transplants or crop remains that may carry pests from untreated areas.
Chloropicrin is corrosive to metals and care should be taken to protect metal surfaces and equipment during treatment. Methyl Bromide gas is colourless, odourless and highly dangerous. Extreme caution is required when handling.
Warning: Chloropicrin is corrosive to metals and care should be taken to protect metal surfaces and equipment during treatment. Methyl Bromide gas is colourless, odourless and highly dangerous. Extreme caution is required when handling.
THIS PRODUCT IS TOO HAZARDOUS TO BE RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN THE HOME GARDEN
To Know More about Vertafume Please click here