Hands-free, eyes-free operation has made voice-directed computing popular in logistics, particularly in order fulfilment where it delivers significant productivity gains of 25% and many OH&S benefits, compared to RF picking.
Talkman A500 increases applications versatility
The Bluetooth®-enabled Talkman A500, wirelessly connects to third-party peripherals including barcode scanners, keypads and display screens. This new functionality significantly extends the range of logistics applications where Voice can be applied,taking it from the pick face into every part of the DC.
In addition to order fulfilment, Voice is now a viable solution for an increased range of logistics tasks including:
- Goods receiving and put-away
- Inventory management and stocktaking
- Quality control
- Despatch operations
New software suite improves connectivity
The Vocollect Voice Software Suite provides an advanced host interface to the broadest range of warehouse management systems (WMS), simplifying systems integration. It leverages the Next-Generation Vocollect Voice® software suite based on VoiceCatalyst™, with features including:
- Support of numerous configurations from Voice-only to Voice combined with interfaces such as scanners or screens
- Real-time interaction between enterprise systems and mobile workers
- Enhancement of asset management and utilisation
Further information: www.dematic.com