- 864mm – to maximise efficiency and reduce costs.
- Easy Fixing – conventional through fixed screws maximise performance and installation.
- Low Rib Height – for smart neat appearance used effectively in minimal dust zones.
- Fast Erection – a quick covering profile with simple fastening.
Materials Stramit K-Panel® wall sheeting is a cold roll formed steel product in G550 base material with a Zincalume® (AZ150) coating in accordance with AS1397, and Colorbond® is available in a range of colours.
For wall areas likely to be subject to human impact, sheeting spans should be reduced. Impact loads will vary considerably and these are not prescribed in Australian Standards. A maximum span of 1000mm is suggested for such areas, but this should be adjusted dependent upon the exposure and importance of the application.
All fasteners should conform with AS3566 – Class 3 and be compatible with the cladding material used.
– No. 10 x 16mm hex head self-drilling, self-tapping screws.
– No. 12 x 25mm hex head self-drilling type 17 screws. Add 10mm to screw length for softwood applications.
– No. 8 x 12mm ‘S’ point screws or
– 3.2mm diameter sealed aluminium pop rivets.
Fix adjacent to the overlap and each subsequent rib (4 fasteners per sheet) at every support. Spans over 900mm require the sidelaps to be stitched at mid-span. For further installation information see the section later in this manual.