The MTU transmits accurate meter readings on utility-defined schedules. Its powerful, narrow-band transmitter broadcasts over FCC-licensed, 450- to 470-MHz radio frequencies.
The STAR Network MTU works with all pulse- and encoder register water meters that provide electronic output.
- Long-lasting performance
- Contains a 20-year permanent battery
- Secure and reliable technology
- Ensures data and system security
- Long-range power
- Transmits meter data over a range of at least one mile
- Hermetically sealed design
- Stands up to harsh basement and pit installations
- Dual-port operation
- Handles compound meters or multiple-meter installations including gas and water combinations
- Additional data
- Reports data such as account information, battery condition, and tamper and error status in addition to meter readings