Waterproof Membranes Protection Shockmat
What is Shockmat?
A roll of Shockmat is an easy to handle roll of reclaimed rubber, sourced from the tyre industry, bonded together with high quality polyurethanes. Comes in either 10mm or 5mm thickness.
Projex Shockmat was laid over Wolfin membrane under the garden beds and podiums at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. The Shockmat was laid for membrane protection against garden implements and the steel reinforcing being installed over the membrane.
Shockmat has many commercial and industrial applications and is ideal as a protective medium. It is also widely used on railway bridges for ballast protection, waterproofing membranes, or as a sound reducing medium. As a membrane protective medium SHOCKMAT is cheaper and easier to install than tiles or concrete screeds - you simply just roll it out.
Typical Uses of Waterproof Membranes Protection Shockmat
- Railway Bridges (Ballast Matting)
- Gym Floors
- Sound-proofing Elements
- Kindergarten Floors
- Ice rink Walkways
- Protection for waterproof membranes (temporary or permanent)
- Partition Walls
- Garden Beds
- Sports Pitches
- On truck or utility trays
- Under Machinery
- Industrial Matting
Purpose of Shockmat under Ballast:
- Reduce sound transmission.
- Protect any membrane on the bridge deck.
- Lengthen the life of the ballast by absorbing the ballast vibration against the bridge deck.
- Shockmat has been widely used under ballast on Australian Rail bridges since 1992.
- Water Permeable
- Non Water Absorbant
- Chemically Neutral
- Reliable for the Protection of Waterproofing Membranes
- Can be Walked On Immediately After Installation
- Can Be Laid By Waterproof Contractors (or anyone else)
- Deadens Sound - Airborne and Impact
- Can Be Loose Laid Or Bonded Down
- Can Be Installed In Any Weather Conditions
- Can be bonded down with recommended adhesives.
- Cannot Be Electrostatically Charged
- Resistant to Corrosive Effects of Air, Earth and Water
- Resistant to Construction Acids and to Alkaline Solutions
- Suitable For Use in Tanks, Cool rooms and Food Storage Facilities
- Non Toxic
To Know about Waterproof Membranes Protection Shockmat Please click here