WBH Horizontal Single Shaft Batch Mixers consist of a mixing drum vessel with an inlet, an outlet with discharge valve and a venting spout, a mixing shaft, two drum closing end plates that carry flanged end bearing assemblies complete with integrated adjustable shaft sealing unit, and a drive unit complete with power transmission.
Ploughshare or inclined blade-type shovel tools rotate as mixing tools in a special arrangement on the mixer shaft in a horizontal, cylindrical drum. The result is a turbulence in the mix that constantly involves all the product particles in the mixing process. The formation of dead spots or slow-movement zones in the mixing drum is prevented ensuring precise mixing. In some cases, to obtain the desired mixing effect, separately driven high-speed choppers can be installed.
Function of WBH Batch-Type Single Shaft Mixers
The Horizontal Single Shaft WBH Batch Mixer is based on the principle of mechanical fluidisation of the product.
The particular shape, position and rotation speed of the mixing tools, creates a centrifugal vortex motion, which allows the materials to be projected in a three-dimensional way and to merge with each other. This ensures that components with a different particle size and bulk density are perfectly blended and mixed with high precision within the shortest possible time.
WBH Batch-type Mixers are used for mixing dry powders, granules or short fibres, for moistening, agglomerating or granulating the same materials, or for mixing liquids or pastes with low viscosity.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits of WBH Batch-Type Single Shaft Mixers
- Sizes: 75 to 15,000 litres
- Drive units: 4.0 kW to 200 kW
- Mixing capacity: 2 to 15 batches per hour (depending on recipe and unit configuration)
- End bearing assemblies with various types of shaft seals and option of air or nitrogen purging
- Flush discharge valve
- Heavy-duty mixing chamber manufactured in carbon steel, anti-wear steel, or 304 ¿ 304L ¿ 316 ¿ 316L stainless steel
- Short mixing time (1 ¿ 4 min)
- Maximum mixing homogeneity
- Excellent reproducibility of batches
- Minimum wear, low maintenance
- Easy tool adjustment and replacement
- Easy cleaning and access to all internal parts of the mixer
Options & Accessories for WBH Batch-Type Single Shaft Mixers
- Heavy-duty constructional steels, stainless steel, special materials
- Optional anti-wear surface treatment
- Chopper bearing assemblies with rotary shaft seal and air purging or grease chamber
- Liquid injection devices
- Decompression control panel
- Pneumatic sampling device
- PT 100 temperature probe on jacketed mixing chamber
- Wide range of mixing tools (boxed ploughshare, toothed ploughshare, blade-type, toothed blade) available also with anti-wear coating