Combining Rockwell Automation's field proven I/O with ProSoft Technology's Integrated Wireless Architecture technology and support, the Wireless POINT I/O Adapter provides users an optimum distributed I/O communication solution.
The Wireless POINT I/O Adapter Add-On Profile (AOP) utilises the familiar RSLogix 5000 programming environment and connection-based EtherNet/IP protocol to simplify configuring and communicating with POINT I/O racks scattered throughout the process facility. The compact size of POINT I/O systems, when coupled with the Wireless POINT I/O Adapter, make them ideal for collecting data from and controlling moving systems like robots, automated carts, overhead cranes, earthmovers, as well as fixed-position racks in hard-to-reach areas of the process plant.
The Wireless POINT I/O Adapter can be used in networks with RadioLinx Industrial Hotspots or third party 802.11g access points to provide high-speed, low latency 802.11g client communication over widely spaced plant areas. This ability to work with existing standards-based wireless technology protects and leverages the end-users' investment. For security, the Wireless POINT I/O employs 802.11i WPA2 with AES Encryption.
Features and Benefits of Wireless POINT I/O Adapter ILX34-AENWG
EtherNet/IP connection-based communication
- Connection-based communication for the highest level of integration with Rockwell Automation controllers and software
Program using RSLogix 5000 version 17 or later and AOP
- Simplified integration with a familiar programming environment
- Easy to configure, no special configuration software required
- Integrated web page for wireless configuration
- Standards-based wireless protects investment and allows communication with RadioLinx Industrial Hotspots or 3rd party 802.11g access points
- High-speed, low latency wireless communication
Supports ProSoft Technology Integrated Wireless Architecture when used with RadioLinx Industrial Hotspots
- Optimised wireless bandwidth through intelligent routing of multicast packets
- Limits loss of I/O messages
Uses Rockwell Automation POINT I/O modules
- Field-proven, cost effective I/O platform
- POINT I/O diagnostic features include channel-level diagnostics, removal and insertion under power
- Many Input/Output types to choose from digital I/O, analog I/O, POINT Guard I/O, RTD, thermocouple, serial-interface for ASCII, and counters
- Easy to add / customise point count - up to 63 POINT I/O modules per adapter
Both wireless and I/O configuration is done using the ILX34-AENWG Add-On Profile in RSLogix 5000 v17 (or later). Configuration of wireless parameters may be done using the integrated web pages to enable configuration of I/O modules over-the-air.
For more informaton, please read.