Work Place Bullying and Harassment Training
Organisations are required to take all reasonable steps to prevent bullying and harassment in the workplace. Managing workplace bullying and harassment is a one day course designed to assist managers, supervisors and team leaders in dealing with anti-social behaviours in their workplace. During this session you will be provided with comprehensive information and resources to develop and implement strategies for managing workplace bullying and harassment.
- Defining workplace bullying, discrimination and harassment
- Effects of bullying and harassment on employee health and business performance
- Management/senior staff roles and responsibilities in maintaining standards of conduct and building a culture of zero tolerance
- Risk management – prevention and intervention (what to do when an issue is raised)
- Effective management of workplace complaints / grievances
- Questioning techniques and empathetic listening
- Implementing workplace bullying and harassment policy and procedures
On successful completion of the training program participants will be able to:
- Explain the range of legal requirements in relation to workplace bullying and harassment
- Define workplace bullying
- Discrimination and harassment
- Identify indicators
- Effects and impact of workplace bullying and harassment
- Apply risk management processes
- Develop prevention and intervention strategies
- Explain the principles of natural justice and procedural fairness
- Effectively manage complaints/grievances using effective questioning techniques and empathetic listening skills.
A Certificate of Attendance is issued to each course participant.
- One Day (approx 6-8 hours)