An added benefit is that the serial port on the NPort 6150 serial server is 3-in-1. In other words, you can use the serial server to connect any RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 serial device to an Ethernet network by selecting the desired serial interface when you configure your NPort 6150.
Secure Data Transmission
Ensuring that information is transmitted securely is one of the most important concerns when connecting serial devices to an Ethernet network. The NPort 6150 serial port server supports SSL and SSH protocols, which ensure that serial data is sent over a secure TCP/IP Ethernet connection
- Serial port server that makes your serial devices Internet-ready;
- Versatile socket operating modes, including TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP, Pair Connection, Real COM driver, and RFC2217;
- Secure Ethernet Data mode for TCP Server, TCP Client, Pair connection, and Real COM driver;
- Any Baudrate mode for more precise baudrates;
- 2- or 4-wire RS-485 with patented ADDC (Automatic Data Direction Control);
- Support for 802.3af (PoE, or Power over Ethernet);
- Enhanced remote configuration via HTTPS and SSH;
- Port buffering prevents the loss of serial data when the Ethernet network is down.