Petrifilm Aerobic Count plates are designed to determine total aerobic bacteria populations.
Following a simple procedure, you can also perform anaerobic testing for lactic acid bacteria in processed meats and in high-acid foods using this Petrifilm plate.
Petrifilm Aerobic Count plates are ready to use at any moment for product or process testing or environmental monitoring. Their exclusive design features a film coated with nutrients and gelling agents.
A red indicator dye in the Petrifilm plate colours all colonies red. Red colonies provide better contrast for easier colony counting.
Red colonies are easily distinguished from opaque food particles that can cause confusion with other plating methods.
Arrow Scientific was established in 1990 to offer smarter product quality and safety testing tools to:
• ensure quality at all processing stages - raw materials to finished products
• monitor processing steps and conditions
• setting physical or consumer standards for products
• detecting undesirable contaminants such as bacteria or chemicals.
• training staffing best hygiene practise.