These 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates test for the bacterial family, Enterobacteriaceae, including all coliform organisms plus glucose-fermenting non-coliforms such as Salmonella, Shigella and Yersinia.Positive results on the Petrifilm plate appear as red colonies.
The 3M™ Petrifilm™ Enterobacteriaceae Count Plate enumerates coliforms plus other potential pathogens and identifies contamination in the environment in as few as 22 hours.
Enterobacteriaceae are of great importance since these organisms are involved in food spoilage, indicators of fecal contamination in food products, some of which are food borne pathogens. Because the 3M™ Petrifilm™ Enterobacteriaceae Count Plate enumerates all Enterobacteriaceae organisms, it provides a more inclusive picture of potential contamination. The end result is better information and better process control for a higher-quality finished product.
Arrow Scientific was established in 1990 to offer smarter product quality and safety testing tools to:
• ensure quality at all processing stages - raw materials to finished products
• monitor processing steps and conditions
• setting physical or consumer standards for products
• detecting undesirable contaminants such as bacteria or chemicals.
• training staffing best hygiene practise.