Proven as reliable as Antibiotic-supplemented Potato Dextrose Agar (APDA), acidified potato dextrose agar, and antibiotic-supplemented plate count agar, 3M™ Petrifilm™ Yeast and Mold Count Plates are easier to use. Their exclusive sample-ready design features a film coated with nutrients and gelling agents, so there’s no need for the addition of antibiotics or tartaric acid.
A survey of 274 plants who converted to Petrifilm Plates from traditional agar methods found an average labor savings of 45% and an average increased technician efficiency of 80%.
By using labor-saving Petrifilm Plates, you’ll have time to monitor your process more frequently. The end result is better process control, a higher quality product and an overall reduction in operational costs.
Yeast is typically indicated by small, blue-green colonies, with defined edges and no foci. Mould is indicated by large, variably-coloured colonies, with diffuse edges and centre foci.
Arrow Scientific was established in 1990 to offer smarter product quality and safety testing tools to:
• ensure quality at all processing stages - raw materials to finished products
• monitor processing steps and conditions
• setting physical or consumer standards for products
• detecting undesirable contaminants such as bacteria or chemicals.
• training staffing best hygiene practise.