- 10M ohm to 100G ohm in 4 decades
- Basic accuracy 1%
- 10kV max
- Battery operation
- Continuous connection - no arcing
- Fully shrouded safety connectors
- Display of open circuit voltage (0 - 2kV or 0 - 10kV)
- Display of short circuit current (0 - 2mA or 0 - 20mA)
It is constructed in a high strength co-polymer plastic case and is powered by a rechargeable battery. This ensures full isolation from the mains and prevents stray leakage. The tester’s open circuit voltage and short circuit current can be displayed on the digital meter mounted on the front panel. The insulation resistance is simulated by a precision 4 dial decade resistance bank which can be set to a maximum of 100G ohms with a resolution of 10M ohms.
The 5069 is constructed in the same style as Time Electronics well established 5080 PATCAL but is suitable for use up to 10 kV.