The two SFP slots are shared with port 7 and port 8, and also compatible with 1000Base-SX / LX / WDM through SFP (Small Form Factor Pluggable) fiber-optic transceivers. The fiber optical uplink capability guarantees the throughput to all nodes hooked into the network and the Gigabit Ethernet distance can be extended from 550 meters (Multi-Mode fiber cable) up to 10/20/30/40/50/70/120 kilometers (Single-Mode fiber or WDM fiber). The IGS-802T is well suited for applications in the factory data centers and distributions.
Environmentally Hardened Design
The IGS-802T is equipped with slim type IP-30 metal case for easy deployment in heavy Industrial demanding environments. With IP-30 industrial case protection, the IGS-802T provides a high level of immunity against electromagnetic interference and heavy electrical surges which are usually found on plant floors or in curb side traffic control cabinets. Being able to operate under the temperature range from -40 to 75 Degree C, the IGS-802T can be placed in almost any difficult environment. The IGS-802T allows either DIN rail or wall mounting for efficient use of cabinet space. The IGS-802T also possesses an integrated power supply source with wide range of voltages (12 to 48V DC) for worldwide high availability applications requiring dual or backup power inputs.
Robust Gigabit Switch Performance
With a 16Gbps internal switching fabric and featuring auto negotiation support in each Gigabit port, the IGS-802T can handle large amounts of data in a secure topology linking to a backbone or high capacity servers. The flow control function enables the IGS-802T to provide fast and reliable data transfer; all of the RJ-45 copper interfaces in the IGS-802T support 10/100/1000Mbps Auto-Negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ-45 Category 6, 5 or 5e cables. The standard Auto-MDI / MDI-X support can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight or crossover cables. The IGS-802T has 8K MAC Address table and offers wire-speed packets transfer performance without risk of packet loss; the high data throughput of the device makes it ideal for most Gigabit environments
- 8-Port 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 with auto MDI / MDI-X function
- 2 SFP combo interface, SFP(Mini-GBIC) shared with port 7 and port 8
Layer 2 Features
- Supports Auto-Negotiation and 10/100Mbps half / full duplex and 1000Mbps full duplex mode
- High performance Store and Forward architecture, runt / CRC filtering eliminates erroneous packets to optimise the network bandwidth
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (Half-Duplex) and IEEE 802.3x PAUSE frame flow control (Full-Duplex)
- Backplane (Switching Fabric): 16Gbps
- Integrated address look-up engine, supports 8K absolute MAC addresses
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- CSMA/CD Protocol
Industrial Case / Installation
- IP-30 Aluminum metal case / Protection
- DIN Rail and Wall Mount Design
- 12 to 48V DC, redundant power with polarity reverse protect function and connective removable terminal block for master and slave power
- Supports EFT protection 6000 VDC for power line
- Supports 6000 VDC Ethernet ESD protection
- -40 to 75 Degree C operating temperature
For more information on 8-Port Industrial Gigabit Ethernet Switch - PLANET IGS-802T, please click here.