Traditional methods of reducing the particle size of soft offal material from abattoirs involve the use of disc hashers and hoggers.
Both of these methods produce inconsistent particle sizing and have poor cutting efficiency resulting in large amounts of separated fat particles ("pea fat") being generated and lost to the effluent system. Poor cutting efficiency and inconsistent particle size increase cooking times and when bone in material is mixed with soft offal for rendering, the softs can be overcooked resulting in increased fines and increased FFA (free fatty acids).
By using a Brentwood Gut Cutter, a consistent sized material is produced and fat losses are minimised therefore increasing the efficiency of downstream processes. The high torque/low speed design increases cutting efficiency, reduces power requirements, and reduces maintenance costs.
The design of the machine is robust so that any metal items such as hooks are able to be passed through the shredder with minimal damage. Larger unshreddable items will activate the overload back off function enabling an alarm to be sent to the operator and the unshreddable item removed.
These units can be easily cleaned with a high pressure hose and the hot dipped galvanised finish ensures a long cutting chamber life. These units were developed in conjunction with the CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research organisation) to increase the efficiency of the Australian Abattoir Industry and have been proven under the most demanding conditions in hundreds of locations throughout Australia, New Zealand, and overseas (see CSIRO report A-89).
- Reduction in separated fat losses when compared to disc hashers, prebreakers, or hoggers
- Produces consistent particle size and shape to improve rendering performance (25% reductions in batch cooking times have been recorded)
- Reduction in water use for washing due to consistent particle size
- Developed with the CSIRO for proven performance in Abattoirs and rendering plants
- High torque/slow speed cutting action = low maintenance costs
- Proven performance under the toughest conditions in abattoirs and rendering plants throughout Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- Close tolerance cutting action
- Robust and durable
- Fast replacement of cutters and anvils
- Planetary gearbox gives exceptional duty cycle and low noise
- Hexagonal alloy shafts for superior strength and endurance
- Central finger support to ensure minimal shaft deflection
- Hot dipped galvanised casing for long life
- High strength case hardened alloy steel cutters that can be hard - faced and dressed in situ.
- Seal protection plates with replaceable hardened bushes protect bearings and the gearbox
- Permalube system keeps end bearings lubricated
- Supplied as standard with galvanised meat hopper, galvanised stand, and DOL control panel fitted with a Brentwood Shredder Control card.
- Brentwood 'Smart Start' or Brentwood "Eco Vari Drive" load management systems available
- Fast access to spare parts through Brentwood's Service department
Click here for more information about Brentwood Recycling System's Gut Cutters.