These naturally occurring fibrous materials are blended and processed to produce a cost effective, premium range of absorbents that will quickly absorb a wide variety of liquids including petroleum, oils, fuels, solvents, cooking oils, sewage, protein fluids and other messy liquids that could pollute or contaminate the work area and the environment.
Because of their strong ‘wicking effect’ SpillSmart Absorbents are able to rapidly encapsulated liquids so that they cannot leach back into the environment. All SpillSmart absorbents have been tested for and pass stringent international liquid release standards.
In many regions, SpillSmart Absorbents can be disposed of to landfill, however this is subject to local regulations. SpillSmart cellulose absorbents should not be used on strong acid or alkaline solutions.
All SpillSmart Absorbents are:
- Environmentally responsible
- Proudly Australian made
- Light weight, easy to apply, simple to use.
SpillSmart Outdoor is made from naturally occurring fibrous materials, the majority being cotton which is mixed and processed to give it a light fluffy consistency to increase this absorbents ability to resist the effects of wind in windy outdoor areas.
This absorbent quickly absorbs a wide variety of liquids including petroleum, oils, fuels, solvents, cooking oils, sewage, protein fluids and other messy liquids. The resultant product is rapidly converted to a nutritious soil conditioner within just a few weeks.
Features of SpillSmart Outdoor
- Highly absorbent, biologically active, biodegradable, environmentally friendly materials.
- Heavy fibrous formulation to resist the effects of the wind.
- Rapidly encapsulates hydrocarbons (oils, fuels, grease, etc) and many other liquids
- Contains safe, naturally occurring microbes for the bioremediation of hydrocarbons.
- Does not contain crystalline silica (classified Group 1 Carcinogenic to humans)
- Ideal for domestic, commercial and industrial applications.