In addition to a NEMA 4X-modified housing, severeweather features include integrated lightning arrestors, surge protectors, extreme temperature range operation and an array of antenna and power accessories.
The self-assembling, self-healing mesh capability supports Wi-Fi multimedia (WMM) extensions to ensure quality of service (QoS) while cost-effectively extending corporate networks beyond and between buildings — with no need to install additional Ethernet cable or fiber.
With integrated router, firewall, DHCP, AAA and hotspot services, the AP-5181 offers a superior outdoor WLAN solution.
Features of Access Points AP-1581:
- NEMA 4X-modified, IP56 Weatherproof housing: Equipment designed to withstand wind, rain, and extreme temperatures
- Extended temperature range: Operates in temperatures from -30° C to 55° C (-22° F to 131° F)
- Mesh-capable: Self-assembling, self-healing nodes automatically establish wireless links between APs; install nodes wherever there is power – no need to install cable or fiber
- Dual-radio, dual-band design; 802.11a/b/g in 2.4/5 GHz bands: Simultaneous support of 802.11a/b/g; works with any standards-based IEEE WLAN device
- Integrated router, firewall and DHCP server: No need to install extra hardware; easy to scale, upgrade and maintain
- AAA server and hotspot gateway: Integrated services for authentication and public access management
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) quality of service (QoS) and voice prioritization: Superior performance for demanding mission-critical applications, including voice and video
- Adaptive Switch Assisted Mesh: Can associate with a wireless switch to enable central management in the NOC, and in the event of loss of connectivity, resumes functionality as a standalone access point for local bridging of mesh traffic and continuity of local network connectivity