Belden is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Soanar - Electronic Component & Supply Chain Solutions.
Belden adds the 8-pole M8 actuator/sensor connectors to its Lumberg Automation product range.
The actuator connectors and sensor connectors are shock- and vibration-resistant, and are available in two variants with moulded cables as well as in three field-attachable installation variants.
All variants of the moulded connectors are designed to operate in a temperature range of -25ºC to +80ºC, and when screwed together with the appropriate counterparts meet IP67 requirements.
Up to eight signals can be transmitted with an external power supply due to the high contact density, making the new eight-pole M8 actuator/sensor connectors especially suitable for connecting optoelectronic sensors or safety switches used for monitoring safety doors on machines and systems.
Key features of Belden's 8-pole M8 actuator/sensor connectors:
- Can be used to connect sensors or actuators to switch cabinets or distribution boxes
- Open cable end ensures a high degree of flexibility in wiring
- Male connector (RSM 8-354/0.3 M) has a snap-in/ threaded joint
- Female connector (RKMV 8-354/2 M) has a self-locking threaded joint
- Both moulded bodies are made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU)
- Cordsets, available in PVC or halogen-free polyurethane have a cross-section of 0.25mm² and length of 2m, 5m or 10m
- Receptacle connector RSMF 8/0.5 M with stranded wires and a solder contact potted with epoxy is attached to the front of switch cabinets or other equipment
- RSMEDG 8, designed for installation in sensors can be simply pressed in and connected by means of a snap-in/threaded joint
- Additional plug insert is available with the RSEM 8 for various sensor housings, which already have an M8 thread and/or a snap-in joint
- Receptacle connector housings are made of nickel-plated brass (RSMF 8/0.5 M and RSMEDG 8) or polyamide (RSEM 8)
Belden's moulded connectors can also be supplied in alternate materials, cross-sections and lengths on request.