The Aerobelt is an ’air cushion belt conveyor’. In this system the belt is carried on a film of air. Air is blown into the air box under the conveyor belt by a small fan. One fan is sufficient for over a hundred metres of belt conveyor.
Aerobelt conveyors have a number of benefits over traditional conveyor designs.
- Product agitation is lower reducing noise and dust emissions.
- Power requirements are significantly lower as friction within the conveyor is reduced. A 90 m long Aerobelt conveyor can be driven by a 3 kW motor.
- An Aerobelt can convey product on significantly steeper inclines than conventional conveyors. Products can be transported with a maximum angle of inclination of up to 25 degrees.
- The Aerobelt conveyor can be fully enclosed because little maintenance is necessary.
- Aerobelt conveyors offer several safety advantages including low operating noise, minimal use of rollers and fewer pinch points. Top covers prevent operators contacting the moving belt.
- Conveyors are pre assembled in 4.5m lengths for rapid site assembly and commissioning.
- Head and tail stations are also preassembled for rapid installation and commissioning.
Many specialised features are available for Aerobelt installations inlcuding:
- Reversing and Shuttle Conveyor Systems
- High Temperature applications (up to 200 degrees)
- Full or part Stainless Steel Construction for Food Grade or Corrosive / Abrasive Products
- Hazardous / DIP Rating
- Mobile systems for container loading, etc
Aerobelt Australia can supply conveyors on a Supply Only, Supply and Commission or Supply, Install and Commission basis. We are flexible to meet your specific project needs.
Aerobelt Australia can also assist with the design, supply and installation of supporting steelwork if required.
The Engineers at Aerobelt Australia have extensive experience on all types of Aerobelt design, installation and maintenance. They have extensive backgrounds in Design, Mining and Industrial Engineering.
There are many installations supplied by Aerobelt Australia within Australia and overseas.
We have many long term customers who have bought conveyors for several projects and are highly satisfied with the Aerobelt product and in working with Aerobelt Australia.
Aerobelt Australia maintains an active working link with the original Aerobelt OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) in Europe providing further depth to to our resources.
Visit our website or make an enquiry for further information on these or any other product aspects and how Aerobelt Australia may be able to help your project.