Agricultural Chemical: New Copper Product Activist Red
Innovative agricultural chemical, a New Copper Product from Agrichem incorporating "Activist' technology
Benefits of Agricultural Chemical: New Copper Product Activist Red
- Provides a high level of copper
- Activist formulation provides very effective, rapid uptake as well as sustained release characterics
- Activist-type particle size ensures high plant availability
- Typical Activist excellent flow and pourability characteristics
- Good compatibility
- Compatible with UAN for down-the-tube applications
- Can be applied with other agricultural chemicals, reducing the number of spray applications required
The Role of Copper
Copper is involved in several enzyme systems where it cannot be replaced by any other metal ion. It is involved in cell wall formation, in electron transport and oxidation reactions. Copper also affects the formation and chemical composition of cell walls, which in turn affects lignifications and the physical strength of shoots and stems.
Copper is taken up by the plant in only very small quantities since the copper concentration in most plantspecies is low. The uptake of copper is largely independent of competitive effects, apart from zinc, and relates primarily to the levels of available copper in the soil.
Copper is not readily mobile in the plant, although it can be translocated from older to younger leaves and from vegetative plant parts to seeds - as was found for vetch during pod filling (Caballero et al (1996)).
The movement of copper within the plant is strongly dependent on the copper status of the plant. In wheat plants well supplied with copper, movement from the leaves to grains can take place, but in deficient plants copper is relatively immobile.
To Know about Agricultural Chemical: New Copper Product Activist Red Please click here