Airmotors are comparatively small and lightweight for their high power output. Features of airmotors include:
- stepless variation of speed and torque
- rapid response to start, stop and reverse
- ideally suited to hazardous locations or confined spaces
- no danger of spark hazard or electrical burnout
- no danger of damage from overload
- able to cope with hot, wet & dusty conditions
Airmotors come in various sizes. Power outputs range up to 10 HP (7.5 kW). Lewis have both vane and radial piston models available. Options include gearing, mounting, and spindle variations.