HYDREX XV provides excellent operating and maintenance benefits for increased productivity in very hot or cold temperatures. HYDREX XV takes your equipment to higher levels of all-season performance. HYDREX XV starts with the HT purity process to produce a 99.9 per cent pure, crystal clear base oil.
By removing the impurities that can hinder the performance of competitive conventional oils, and blending in our specialty additives, HYDREX XV retains its ‘fresh oil’ properties longer providing resistance to oxidative breakdown and outstanding wear protection in year round temperatures.
Features and Benefits
- All Season Performance
- Allows hydraulic systems to start at temperatures as low as -40°C (-40°F) and run as high as +79°C (+174°F)±
- Shorter warm-up time on cold days and faster, smoother response for hydraulic systems
- Extra protection from wear during periods of extreme high temperatures for greater peace of mind
- Consolidate to one product all year long
- Inventory consolidation to just one fluid for reduced costs and less chance of misapplication
- Helps protect against equipment failure during the wide temperature swings of spring and fall and eliminates chance of damage due to missed seasonal oil changes
- Outstanding oxidation and thermal stability
- Longer oil life, which helps extend drain intervals for reduced change-out costs and less reservoir exposure to external contaminants
- Helps minimize sludge build up in the reservoir that can lead to wear and shorten filter life
- Decreases varnish build up that can interfere with servo and directional valve operational
- Exceptional anti-wear protection
- Extends equipment life
- Reduces maintenance and mechanical failure
- Protects equipment being driven longer, harder and faster in tougher conditions
- Improves operating reliability over a wide range of pressures.
- Improved rust and corrosion prevention
- Iron and other metal components protected against water damage
- Excellent water separability and hydrolytic stability allows oil to be reused
- Oil separates readily from water without loss of performance additives
- Improved foam and air entrainment performance
- Prevents overflowing of reservoirs
- Eliminates "sponginess" from hydraulic systems and prevents pump cavitation
Petro-Canada’s HYDREX XV All Season hydraulic fluid is recommended for year-round use in piston, gear and vane hydraulic pumps found on industrial machinery and mobile equipment. HYDREX XV may be used in systems equipped with fine filters down to 3 microns without loss of additives or causing filter plugging. HYDREX XV is approved for use in equipment manufactured by Bosch-Rexroth and is recommended for use in equipment manufactured by Eaton Vickers, Denison, Sauer-Danfoss, Racine, Oilgear, Hydreco, Dynex and others.
HYDREX XV is suitable for use where the following specifications are required:
- Eaton Vickers M-2950-S and I-286-S
- USS 127 Specification
- DIN 51524 Part 3 HVLP
- ISO 6743/4 Type HV