The Model 3620 features three-terminal operation for fall-of-potential earth/ground resistance, and may also be used for 2-Point tests.
The large 3.1" logarithmic scale is easy to read, with a separate marking for 25O. A large Press-to-Measure button allows for easy measurements. A manual zero adjust is provided for accurate readings. Color-coded terminals are easy to use banana plug inputs and binding posts.
- Fall-of-Potential method for 2- and 3-Point ground resistance tests.
- Direct reading on large analog display 0.5 to 1000O and easy 25O readings.
- Large 3.1" (77mm), easy-to-read scale for accurate readings.
- Built-in battery check.
- Three color-coded terminals.
- Large press-to-measure buttons.
- Portable and compact.
- Extremely simple to operate: connect - press - read.
- Designed to reject high levels of noise and interference.
The Ground Resistance Tester Model 3620 is the ideal instrument for electrical contractors, power utilities, REAs, telephone and CATV technicians, and inspectors who must check ground to determine compliance with NEC, OSHA and other specifications. Applications include:
- Measuring earth resistance of the type of single rod or small ground grids often found in remote telecommunication switching sites.
- Measuring ground electrode resistance of lightning protection equipment.
- Measuring the earth electrode resistance of equipment in recreational areas.
- Testing electrode resistance of ground rods and grids at new construction sites, when utility supplied power has not been supplied.
- Testing earth electrode resistance of grounded towers at cellular phone remote installations.