The RM4-IV accepts its input from ±20mA, 4-20mA, ±100mV, ±1V, ±10V, ±100V signals or 3 wire slidewire. The 20mA/4-20mA input is protected against over current by a self resetting thermal fuse. All function settings and calibration scaling is carried out via the instrument’s pushbuttons.
Two alarm relays and an unregulated 24VDC transmitter supply are provided as standard. Combinations of optional outputs including extra relays, analog retransmission or serial communications (ASCII or Modbus RTU protocol) can also be provided. The optional analog output can be configured for retransmission or PI control.
An external input is configurable to perform one of various functions e.g. two level brightness switching, peak hold, display hold, max/min memory, scale switching, setpoint only access, security lockout, pushbutton tare and zero. A ”zero limit” can be set on the zero operation to help ensure that the instrument is not inadvertently zeroed.
Two separate calibration memories are provided allowing simple remote input switching of scaling values. This allows a single input to be switched between two different scale values e.g. ”%” & ”metres”. Alternatively if a different sensor is connected then the second calibration memory can be selected for this sensor via the remote input.
The RM4 has a programmable display brightness function, this allows the unit to be operated with low display brightness to reduce the instrument power consumption and to improve readability in darker areas. The programmable digital filter improves stability by smoothing out short term interference.
Electrical isolation between power supply, input signals and retransmission eliminates grounding and common mode voltage problems. This isolation feature makes the RM4 ideal for interfacing to PLCs, computers and other data acquisition equipment.
Features of Analog Input Monitor - RM4-IV:
- Pushbutton calibration and setup
- 5 digit LED display and relay/alarm status indication
- Programmable P button function e.g. max/min display, zero or tare
- Isolation between input, output and supply
- Powered by 240V, 110V, 48V, 42V, 32V, 24VAC, or 12 to 48V DC (factory configured)
- 24VDC unregulated transmitter supply
- Thermal fuse protection for mA inputs
- Digital filter for improved stability
- Two alarm/control relay outputs (5A) standard
- Programmable display brightness reduces power consumption and controls glare in low brightness areas
- Auto dim feature conserves power
- Rugged aluminium DIN rail mount housing
- Remote input to perform special functions e.g. zero, tare/gross/net, peak hold, display hold, max/min, scale switching or security lock out
- 2 year guarantee
Specifications of Analog Input Monitor - RM4-IV:
- Input types: Link selectable ±20mA, 4-20mA, ±100mV, ±1V, ±10V, ±100VDC or slidewire
- Input resistance: 135 (mA), 1M (Voltage), >1000M (Slidewire)
- ADC resolution: 1 in 20,000
- Accuracy: 0.1% when calibrated
- Sample Rate: 4 per second
- Conversion: Dual Slope ADC
- Microprocessor: MC68HC11 CMOS
- Ambient temp: -10°C to 60°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non condensing
- Display: LED 5 digit 7.6mm and alarm annunciator LEDs
- Power supply: 240V, 110V, 48V, 42V, 32V, 24VAC 50/60Hz, or 12 to 48VDC (factory configured)
- Power usage: AC supply 6 VA max, DC supply, <6W (depends on load & options)
- Output (standard): 2 x relays, form A Rated 5A resistive 240VAC 24VDC unregulated transmitter supply (common ground) 25mA max
- Relay action: Programmable N.O. or N.C.