Anderson Power Products (APP) distributed by Soanar - Electronic Component & Supply Chain Solutions in Australia and New Zealand introduces the new Solar SPEC Pak connectors to the SPEC Pak family of products.
Solar SPEC Pak is a new range of multi pin connectors with power handling capabilities up to 1000 volts. Consisting of a 4 position receptacle and plug with a locking latch conforming to NEC 2008 requirements, the Solar SPEC Pak connectors are designed for wire to wire and wire to panel applications.
Solar SPEC Pak connectors can handle up to 4 individual lines on a single unit, reducing the number of traditional connectors needed for applications while simultaneously reducing space requirements as well as cost.
Key features of Solar SPEC Pak connectors:
- IP68 rated shell has a flammability rating of UL 94 V-0 and weather-ability rating of F1 per UL 746C
- Touch safe housing as per UL 1977 when used with finger-proof Powerpole contact housings
- Operating temperature range of -20ºC to 105ºC
- Meets the stringent NEC 2008 (-35ºC) drop test requirement
- Proven, reliable and cost-effective core Powerpole technology within the SPEC Pak shell
- 4-position connector can hold up to 4 Powerpole power contacts, 16 signal contacts or a combination of both
- Power contacts rated to 45 amps individually, and capable of handling wire sizes of 24 to 10 AWG
- Ground contacts are First Mate/Last Break
- Contact housings in finger-proof and standard options available in multiple colours for colour-coding and design flexibility
- Housings, power, ground and signal contacts combine to provide thousands of design options for demanding applications