Thus, EPOS2 70/10 perfectly integrates into the existing series and impresses with its further extended range of functionalities. It is designed to control brushless DC motors with encoder or brushless EC motors with Hall sensors and encoder up to 700 Watt.
Of course, the already known characteristics of EPOS 70/10 can also be found in the new EPOS2 70/10. This with the subtle distinction of further improved properties and a USB Port as additional communication interface.
Full backward compatibility – both, in regard to electrical and mechanical aspects – towards EPOS 70/10 permits alternative and/or parallel employment of both positioning control units.
Apart from identical dimensions and mounting hole pattern also the connections are pin-compatible. Alike, an existing parameter set for EPOS 70/10 can be transferred into the new EPOS2 70/10 by using the «EPOS Studio».
More features. More functionalities. And more flexibility.
With EPOS2 70/10, EC motors with block commutation of up to 100 000 rpm and 700 watts can be operated. The encoder input offers a resolution of 2 500 000 increments and an input frequency of up to 5 MHz. The analog inputs feature 12-bit (that is quadrupled) resolution. The «Interpolated Position Mode» (PVT) permits a synchronous run specified by interpolating points; this with great dynamics and high accuracy.
Coordinated multiple axes movements within a master system or any profile within a single-axis system can be executed. Thanks to «Dual Loop Position and Speed Control» the mechanical play and the elasticity can be compensated. Its integration into the graphic user interface «EPOS Studio» allows fast parameterization. The feature «Regulation Tuning» permits an extremely efficient adjustment of current, velocity or position regulation during commissioning.
The unit can be controlled by means of a CAN Master (for example EPOS2 P, PLC, Soft PLC) or with PC via USB or RS232. The standardized CANopen interface permits integration and coordination of several drives. Additionally integrated gateway functions (USB-to-CAN, RS232-to-CAN) facilitate the access to CAN frameworks once more.
Features & characteristics
Basically, the same functionality is implemented as in EPOS 70/10. In addition, the following features have been integrated:
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processor Technology permits outstanding Motion Control functionality. Now, complex mathematic algorithms can be efficiently executed, thus resulting in improved control characteristics.
- 12-bit Analog Digital Converter resulting in higher resolution and, as a consequence, in superior quality of analog signal acquisition.
- Communication via CANopen, USB and/or RS232.
- Gateway Function - USB-to-CAN and RS232-to-CAN.
- High-speed Motors - EC motors can be operated up to 100 000 rpm in block commutation.
- High Resolution Encoder - The maximal encoder resolution of 2 500 000 increments permits the use of high-definition encoders. The maximal encoder input frequency has been increased to 5 MHz, thus permitting high speed operation.
- Wide range of sensors - A series of sensors can be handled: SSI absolute encoder, analog incremental encoder (sin/cos), digital incremental encoder.
- Dual Loop Position and Speed Control - With an additional sensor the load can be controlled directly and with high precision; the motor control is subordinated. The mechanical play and the elasticity can be compensated.
- Analog Command - Permitting alternative analog set value commands in Position Mode, Velocity Mode and Current Mode via an external analog set value. Thus offering an additional possibility to operate EPOS2 70/10 without making use of a serial online command interface.
- Interpolated Position Mode (PVT) - With the Interpolated Position Mode (Position, Velocity vs. Time) the EPOS2 70/10 possesses the ability to synchronously run a path specified by interpolating points; this with great dynamics and high accuracy. Coordinated multiple-axes movements within a master system or any profile within a single-axis system can also be executed.
- Position and Speed control with feed forward - The combination of feedback and feed forward control provides ideal motion behavior. Feed forward control reduces control error. EPOS2 70/10 supports feed forward acceleration and speed control.
- Trigger Output (Position Compare) - Digital outputs of EPOS2 70/10 can be configured to emit a digital signal at a position value.
- Control of Holding Brakes - The control of the holding brake can be implemented in the device state management. There the time delay for switching on and off can be configured individually.
- Regulation Tuning Wizard - The upgraded regulation tuning functionality is an effective and time-saving aid for users at start-up, and helps to optimize current, speed and position regulation. This intelligent solution is easy to use and significantly improves the benefits of the positioning control.
The regulation tuning is divided in three steps:
- Identification of the control plant
- Setting of feed forward and control parameters
- Controller verification.