Intercept Technology™ is used by NASA, The British Royal Mint and jewelry manufacturers worldwide. Corrosion Intercept® is our proprietary technology that bonds solid state reactive materials (bonded copper particles) into a polymer matrix. This matrix then reacts with and neutralizes all corrosive gases that pass through or come in contact with the film. The result – when your jewelry and precious metals are protected against corrosive gases-they are protected against tarnish!
Corrosion Intercept® products are available in pouches, zip lock bags and in roll form for customised applications. Corrosion Intercept® pouches unlike silver cloth lasts up to 5 years. Silver cloth lasts approx 6-12 months from the time of manufacture. Intercept pouches are non toxic, non abrasive and temperature and humidity independent. Corrosion Intercept® will not harm any metals or gemstones (not even opals, emeralds or pearls).
- Corrosion Intercept® provides effective tarnish protection for non ferrous metals such as silver, gold, brass, copper and bronze, as well as (iron based).
- The inert material will not out gas (release corrosive gases) like charcoal based products.
- Corrosion Intercept® products are non toxic, non abrasive and temperature independent and feature a built in saturation indicator.
- When the copper turns black it’s time to replace the Intercept Technology™ bag.
- Protects items from tarnish for up to 3 years.
- Intercept Technology™ does not leave deposits on items it protects.
- Intercept Technology™ bags do not contain volatile corrosion inhibitors (VCI).