Anybus-IC is ideal for industrial automation devices where size, connector flexibility and simplicity are the decisive factors. Anybus-IC's are designed to work with or without a host micro-processor.
The Anybus-IC is a family of complete interchangeable single chip interfaces for industrial networks. It is optimized for field devices, where small size and multiple network connectivity are important. Anybus-IC contains all electronic components and software necessary to implement a full featured industrial communication interface. Everything is integrated into a single board solution that fits perfectly into a standard DIL32 chip socket consuming only 9 cm² in size.
Very small and flexible
Anybus-IC is a small communication interface with a size of only 9cm². It provides a very small connectivity solution designed for integration into small sized devices with limited space for the communication interface. Anybus-IC can be used with various network connectors such as M12 or screw terminals which makes it an easy solution for devices that are used in harsh industrial environments.
Contains all analog and digital components - Just needs power and connectors
The Anybus-IC contains all the digital and analog hardware as well as all necessary software to communicate with the selected network. Anybus-IC is a proven solution that has been tested and approved for fieldbus/Ethernet conformity. Anybus-IC requires only one 5 Volt power supply and provides a full galvanically isolated network interface. Due to its high level of integration, Anybus-IC has very low power consumption. A separate Anybus-IC version is available for each network. Standardization of the mechanical, electrical and software interfaces ensures that the different Anybus-IC’s are interchangeable.
Supports both fieldbus and industrial Ethernet
Anybus-IC is available as Profibus-DP slave, DeviceNet adapter, CANopen slave, Profinet slave and a combined EtherNet/ IP adapter/Modbus-TCP slave. All Ethernet versions of the Anybus-IC contain industrial IT functions in addition to the real-time Ethernet protocol. The IT functions include a dynamic embedded web server, FTP server and Email client.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE ANYBUS-IC
- Very small DIL32 communication interface family, ideal where size restriction matters
- Connectivity to fieldbus and Ethernet networks with just one development in-design
- Applicable for applications with or without a host microprocessor in the automation device
- Network independent hardware and software interface from the view of the host device
- Capability to use specific network connectors for IP65 protected devices
- Up to 70% savings in development costs compared with own development
- Fast time to market, typically only 1-2 months for several networks
- Single 5V power supply with very low power consumption
- Continued technology maintenance from HMS
- Tested and verified for network conformance - CE, UL and RoHS conformance
- Free qualified global technical support