Rugged enterprise-class access point designed for harsh environments Motorola’s AP-5181 Access Point, specifcally designed for outdoor use, delivers enterprise-class wireless networking in harsh environments.
In addition to a NEMA 4X-modifed housing, severe- weather features include integrated lightning arrestors, surge protectors, extreme temperature range operation and an array of antenna and power accessories.
The self-assembling, self-healing mesh capability supports Wi-Fi multimedia (WMM) extensions to ensure quality of service (QoS) while cost-effectively extending corporate networks beyond and between buildings — with no need to install additional Ethernet cable or fber. With integrated router, frewall, DHCP, AAA and hotspot services, the AP-5181 offers a superior outdoor WLAN solution.
- NEMA 4X-modifed, IP56 Weatherproof housing Equipment designed to withstand wind, rain, and extreme temperatures
- Extended temperature range Operates in temperatures from -30° C to 55° C (-22° F to 131° F)
- Mesh-capable Self-assembling, self-healing nodes automatically establish wireless links between APs; install nodes wherever there is power – no need to install cable or fiber
- Dual-radio, dual-band design; 802.11a/b/g in 2.4/5 Ghz bands Simultaneous support of 802.11a/b/g; works with any standards-based IEEE WLAN device
- Integrated router, frewall and DhCP server No need to install extra hardware; easy to scale, upgrade and maintain
- AAA server and hotspot gateway Integrated services for authentication and public access management
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) quality of service (QoS) and voice prioritization Superior performance for demanding mission-critical applications, including voice and video
- Adaptive Switch Assisted Mesh Can associate with a wireless switch to enable central management in the NOC, and in the event of loss of connectivity, resumes functionality as a standalone access point for local bridging of mesh traffc and continuity of local network connectivity