How you benefit
The CSCP program allows you to develop and master supply chain management skills; it distinguishes you as professional dedicated to continued improvement; and it affords your credibility and recognition in your workplace.
How your organisation benefits
The CSCP gives your supply chain professionals knowledge to solve everyday issues. You’ll enjoy a return on investment in the form of long-term loyalty and greater productivity.
With and APICS CSCP, your employees will have:
- The proven knowledge and organisational skills to strategically streamline operations
- The tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities that involve suppliers, plants, distributors, and customers locate around the world;
- The skills to create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate communications
- An understanding of the valuable technologies that drive planning and management of successful operations.
THE APICS CSCP learning system
The APICS CSCP Learning System is a comprehensive professional development and exam preparation program.
It consists of three print modules and web-based study tools that reflect the entire APICS CSCP Exam Content Manual, and provides you with a broad view of global end-to-end supply chain management.
Module 1 - Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
- Broad concepts of supply chain management, including primary processes, objectives, integration methods and benefits
- Alignment of supply chain and business strategies
- Key considerations for supply chain design and continuous improvement
- Key measures for planning and controlling inventories
- Fundamentals of logistics in supply chain management
- Identifying and managing market segments
- Demand forecasting and management techniques
- Keys to effective CRM
- Core concepts of supply management
Module 2 - Supply Chain Strategy, Design and Compliance
- Sustainable practices in design and operation of a supply chain
- Risk, its sources, impacts and mitigation methods
- Globally dispersed supply and demand, and the impact of free trade zones and trading blocs
- Globalisation effects on inbound and outbound logistics
- Measurement of, and efficiency and responsiveness in the supply chain
- Technologies for design, data, operations and communications in supply chain management
- Factors influencing demand, including design, marketing, selling, and matching customer orders
- Core concepts of CRM, including strategies, technologies, and key implementation challenges
- Fundamentals of supplier relationship management (SRM), including strategies, improved management of sources, relevant technologies and measurement
- Inventory planning and control methods
Module 3 - Implementation and Operations
- Supply chain dynamics and the balance of responsiveness and efficiency
- Managing supply from internal and external sources
- Implementation of demand plans, including prioritisation and fulfilment, and capturing and communicating point-of-sale data
- Tools and techniques to support continuous improvement strategies
- Inventory planning and control methods
The program is offered in both a self-study format or instructor-led (through public seminars or in-company).
Contact your local Chapter in Australia to find out when classes are running or to purchase self-study material.
Learning system components
Comprehensive print materials
- Five books with more than 1000 pages of content
- Progress check questions at the end of each section
- Organised information from more than 150 references
Interactive web-based components
- Pre-test to determine your strengths and weaknesses and help you create a customised study plan
- Timed module-specific tests offer immediate feedback, answer rationales and reference
- Timed post test to determine your progress
- Progress report revealing online tools used to date and material mastered
- e-Flashcards with relevant terms and definitions and online glossary for quick reference
- Practice test bank of more than 900 multiple-choice questions