The Plus II version builds on the range's popular features to now include an inbuilt isolation transformer. This unique feature not only saves users around $260 by eliminating the need to purchase a separate isolation transformer when testing portable RCDs, but it also reduces equipment weight by eliminating the need to carry an isolation transformer, which typically weighs in at several kilograms.
The PAC3760 conducts earth bond, insulation and polarity tests, as well as leakage current tests for Class I and Class II appliances and leads, and carries out trip time tests of 10mA and 30mA portable RCDs. When used in conjunction with the optional PAC-TPL 3 phase adaptor, the Plus II can also carry out 3 phase leakage testing of 10A, 16A, 20A and 32A three phase appliances. The Plus II operates under mains or battery power, providing users with maximum flexibility.
The unit is designed with simple 6 button operation: Class I, Class II, Leakage, 10mA RCD, 30mA RCD and 3 Phase test buttons. Results are displayed as a Pass or Fail as well as actual readings. Once the user selects the required test, the PAC3760 tester conducts an automatic sequence of tests, eliminating the need for complicated on-screen menus. Other features include automatic sensing of IEC or extension leads which adds a polarity test to the sequence and automatic detection of whether the appliance is switched "On".
The PAC3760's ease of use, affordable price with a unique inbuilt isolation transformer and ability to operate under both battery and mains power make it an ideal solution for manual testing and tagging applications requiring compliance with AS/NZS3760, whether a competent person testing their own equipment through to the professional electrical contractor providing a testing service.
Emona Instruments | Industrial and Educational Technologies
Emona Instruments range covers electronic and electrical test and measuring instruments for the Australian market, engineering teaching equipment for Australia and New Zealand, and worldwide exports of the TIMS Telecommunications Training System.
Our electronic test and measurement product range covers:
* PC Based Instruments
* Data Acquisition & Logging
* Logic Analysers
* Multimeters - Benchtop & Handheld
* Function Generators & Counters
* RF Test Equipment
* Laboratory Power Supplies
* Production Safety Test & PCB Faults Locators
* Device Programmers & Erasers
* Circuit Simulation, Design & Layout
* Digital & Analog Panel Meters
* Calibration Equipment
Our electrical compliance and safety testing range covers:
* Portable Appliance Testing (Testing & Tagging)
* Installation & Installation Compliance Testing
* Cable Tracing & Faults Testing
* Mains Energy & Power Instruments
Our biomedical testing equipment covers:
* AS/NZS3551 Biomedical appliance tester
* NIBP simulator
* SP02 simulator
* Electrosurgical tester
Our engineering teaching range covers:
* Electronics, electrical and power engineering
* Control engineering (control & dynamics)
* Hydrogen fuel cells for training & OEM applications
* Telecommunications training
* Fluid mechanics, hydraulics & hydrology
* Thermodynamics, heat transfer, internal combustion engines
* Unit operations, biochemical engineering, process control
* Food Technology
Our coverage is Australia and New Zealand with offices located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Auckland, and our team of Applications Sales Engineers are ready to provide technical advice or on-site demonstrations on our wide range of products.