Via our global network of sales representatives and technical service providers, Callidan delivers a comprehensive application assessment service whereby a qualified MoistScan® technician will study your application in detail prior to recommending an appropriate solution.
Application assessment involves the MoistScan® technician asking you a series of questions. Typically these include:
• Material type and composition • Moisture range • Target moisture • Thickness of material • Environmental conditions
Photos and Videos of the material flow as well as a process flow chart identifying where you wish to measure moisture and upstream and downstream processes is also useful.
Welcome to MoistScan® - the global leader in online moisture analysis.
Developed by Callidan Instruments, MoistScan® employs state-of-the-art microwave technology to accurately measure moisture in a wide-range of bulk materials.
Unlike other technologies such as near infrared (NIR), radio frequency (RF), conductance and capacitance, MoistScan® analyses 100% of the material identifying variations in moisture throughout the entire profile. The MoistScan® patented microwave transmission technique combined with Callidan's extensive application knowledge ensures that MoistScan® online microwave moisture analysers operate with the highest precision.
MoistScan® employs state-of-the-art microwave technology to accurately measure moisture levels in a wide range of bulk materials. These include:
• Agriculture - wheat, rice, maize, corn, sorghum, food grains, feed grains, fertilisers
• Bio-fuels - bagasse, woodchip, wood flake, pulp, sawdust, hog fuel
• Building materials - cement, MDF board, particle board, panel board, clay
• Food - cheese, butter, snack foods, breakfast cereals, pasta
• Minerals - coal, iron ore, bauxite, nickel, aluminum, lead, zinc, copper, concentrate, sinter, filter cake, pellets
Our technology is used by industry throughout the world to:
• Improve plant productivity
• Increase production efficiency
• Control product quality
• Improve material handle-ability
• Implement dry tonnage accounting
• Improve product specification compliance
• Improve occupational, health and safety associated with material handling; and
• Meet environmental obligations associated with dust emission control.
Models include the MoistScan®:
• On-belt conveyor moisture analyser
• In-pipe moisture sensor
• Screw feeder-auger meter
• Vertical-rotary disc filter analyser
• Horizontal belt filter meter
• Hopper - chute sensor
• Bulk sample bench top analyzer
MoistScan® - practical, proven, process technology.