Apply First Aid is the minimum qualification required by Workplace Health & Safety Legislation for the workplace first aider and is invaluable for individuals in the home situation.
- Assess the scene of an incident
- Conduct primary assessment of the casualty
- Safety (CPR & DRSABCD)
- Provide basic life support for adult, child and infant (Heart attack, stroke, asthma etc.)
- Management of external and internal bleeding
- Management of wounds
- Management of sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
- Management of environmental conditions, thermal and other burns
- Management of medical emergencies
- Management of bites and stings
16 hours. Alternatively this is available as a workbook course. It requires a pre-course workbook to be completed prior to an 8 hour training session. This is a great option for companies or individuals with little time.
Special student rate $125.00
Who Should Attend:
Persons who require First Aid training or accredited training to comply with OH&S (First Aid) Regulations.
Participants must be 14 years or older. Participants under 14 years must have permission to attend from a parent or guardian.
Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course.
Statement of Attainment:
On successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a Statement of Attainment, which is valid for three years. As per the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, AHST recommends that the resuscitation module be recertified annually.
Apply First Aid public course dates:
(All sessions below are held in Fortitude Valley)
- Saturday 16th February, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 16th March, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 13th April, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 18th May, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 15th June, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 20th July, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 17th August, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 14th September, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 19th October, 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 23rd November, 9.00am – 5.30pm