This course will refresh your knowledge and skills in first aid and update you on changes that have taken place since you did your Apply First Aid or Senior First Aid course.
- Assess the scene of an incident
- Conduct primary assessment of the casualty
- Safety (CPR & DRSABCD)
- Provide basic life support for adult, child and infant (Heart attack, stroke, asthma etc.)
- Management of external and internal bleeding
- Management of wounds
- Management of sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
- Management of environmental conditions, thermal burns and other burns
- Management of medical emergencies
- Management of bites and stings
Special student rate $125.00
Who Should Attend:
Those who have a current Senior First Aid Certificate which is approaching its expiry date (we suggest you do this within 3 months of expiration).
Current Senior First Aid Certificate Participants must be 14 years or older. Participants under 14 years must have permission to attend from a parent or guardian.
Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course.
Statement of Attainment:
On successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a Statement of Attainment, which is valid for three years. As per the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, AHST recommends that the resuscitation module be recertified annually.
Apply first aid recertification public course dates:
(All sessions below are held in Fortitude Valley)
- Saturday 25th February - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 24th March - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 28th April - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 19th May - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 16th June - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 21st July - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 18th August - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 15th September - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 13th October - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 10th November - 9am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 1st December - 9am to 5:30pm