Specific downhole pump and surface drivehead systems have been designed for use in both oil and coalbed methane recovery applications where the economics of oil and gas production demand efficiency, reliability and low whole life cost from the pumping element selected.
The range handles flow rates up to 700 m3/d (4200 bpd) while operating under a wide range of well conditions. Depths down to 2000m (6000ft) can be accommodated.
Features and Benefits of Mono Artificial Lift Pumps:
When compared to alternative artificial lift methods, PC pumps have many benefits for the operator:
Lower Capital Cost
The lack of expensive foundations, the simple construction and the compact surface drive unit minimizes start-up costs. Alternatively, for the same capital outlay more pumps can be installed and more oil recovered.
Lower Running Cost
Typically a PC pump has an overall efficiency rating of 70% or more, which is significantly higher than alternative lift methods such as electric submersible pumps or beam pumps. The cost per barrel of fluid recovered is reduced.
The simple construction has no standing or travelling valves to block, and only one moving part downhole. The pump handles gas and solids without blocking and is more resistant to abrasive wear.
More Environmentally Acceptable Profile
The low, unobtrusive profile of the quiet running surface drivehead makes the PC pump more acceptable in environmentally sensitive areas.
Other benefits include:
- Geometry is suitable for low inflow conditions or coalbed methane wells where low speed operation may be required
- Geometry has a low shear rate and uniform, even flow and minimizes the emulsification effect on high water cut applications
- Will not gas lock or clog
- Handles a wide range of well fluids
- Pumps oil and water with solids
- Easily matched to inflow conditions
- Small surface profile