Tektronix, the market leader in broadcast video test, monitoring and analysis solutions, has further enhanced its family of waveform monitors and rasterizers with critical audio loudness capability.
Building upon its current loudness measurement capability, Tektronix now offers WFM6000/7000 and WVR6000/7000 Series customers new firmware and software upgrades that adhere to the ITU-R BS.1770-1/1771 specifications. The upgrades include capabilities such as an Audio Loudness Meter, an Audio Loudness Session Display and the industry’s first audio loudness monitoring of Dolby Digital Plus audio.
There are two new key elements to our Audio Loudness offering:
1. Audio Loudness Meter which provides indications of loudness levels and will be provided as a free firmware/software upgrade for WFM7k/6k and WVR7k/6k series products equipped with an audio option.
The key features of the Audio Loudness Monitoring are:
Measure audio loudness and true peak of combination of discrete audio channels as well as Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby E audio program as per ITU-R BS.1770-1 / 1771 and ATSC A/85 recommendations
Infinite and short term loudness measurements using techniques as per ITU-R BS.1770-1 specifications and display both values simultaneously (user-selectable integration time in increment of seconds will be available for short term measurement)
Start/stop capability for the duration of the loudness measurement segment
Simultaneously display Dialnorm value from Dolby Metadata and the measured loudness value on the same display
Loudness meter on the audio level meter/bar display with loudness measurement value in LKFS per ITU-R BS.1770-1 / 1771.
2. Audio Loudness Session Display which tracks and plots loudness over a given, user selectable display window. This will be provided as a chargeable upgrade (Option ALOG) for installed WFM7k/6k and WVR7k/6k products but will be included in new instruments purchased with the audio option.
The key features of the Audio Loudness Session Display are:
Loudness Trend Chart with adjustable display window
Storage of loudness measurement values to USB or via Web interface
For all new purchases of WFM7x20 / 6120 instruments and WVR7x20 / 6020 instruments, the above features will be included with any audio options free of charge
TekMark Australia | Test & Measurement Supplier, Tektronix Distributor
TekMark Australia is the sole Authorised Australian Distributor for all Tektronix Instrumentation Products.
This includes all Tektronix Oscilloscope products, Logic Analysers, all Arbitrary Function/Waveform Generators, Real Time Spectrum Analysers, Video Test Products, and all Accessory products.
The staff at TekMark Australia have a combined experience of over 60 Years with Tektronix and provide full technical support, user training, technology seminars, and product demonstrations for all Tektronix products including:
- TDS1000B/2000B Series Oscilloscopes
- TPS2000 Series Power Oscilloscopes
- DPO/MSO2000 Series Digital Phosphor/Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes
- DPO/MSO3000 Series Digital Phosphor/Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes
- DPO/MSO4000 Series Digital Phosphor/Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes
- TDS5000B Series Digital Phosphor Oscilloscopes
- DPO7000 Series Digital Phosphor Oscilloscopes
- DPO/MSO70000B Series Digital Phosphor/Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes
- DSA8000 Series Digital Sampling Oscilloscopes
- RSA3000B and RSA6000A Series Real Time Spectrum Analysers
- H600 Series Portable Real Time Spectrum Analysers
- TLA5000 and TLA7000 Series Logic Analysers
- AFG3000, AWG5000 and AWG7000 Series Arbitrary Function/Waveform Generators
- All Video Test Products – Waveform Monitors, Generators, MPEG Analysers, Cerify.
TekMark Australia’s portfolio of Test & Measurement, Monitoring and Training products includes several other leading suppliers:
- VTI Technology – Precision Instrumentation for Electronic Signal Distribution, Data Acquisition and Monitoring
- Z Technology – Precision RF Test and Monitoring Systems for Radio & Television Broadcast
- ABI Electronics - Fault Diagnosis Equipment, Circuit Board Testers and Component Testers
- Quantum Data – HDMI and DVI Test Generators and Analysis Systems
- Edibon – Technical Teaching Equipment
- Promax – Electronics Training Systems