Building upon its current loudness measurement capability, Tektronix now offers WFM6000/7000 and WVR6000/7000 Series customers new firmware and software upgrades that adhere to the ITU-R BS.1770-1/1771 specifications. The upgrades include capabilities such as an Audio Loudness Meter, an Audio Loudness Session Display and the industry’s first audio loudness monitoring of Dolby Digital Plus audio.
There are two new key elements to our Audio Loudness offering:
1. Audio Loudness Meter which provides indications of loudness levels and will be provided as a free firmware/software upgrade for WFM7k/6k and WVR7k/6k series products equipped with an audio option.
The key features of the Audio Loudness Monitoring are:
- Measure audio loudness and true peak of combination of discrete audio channels as well as Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby E audio program as per ITU-R BS.1770-1 / 1771 and ATSC A/85 recommendations
- Infinite and short term loudness measurements using techniques as per ITU-R BS.1770-1 specifications and display both values simultaneously (user-selectable integration time in increment of seconds will be available for short term measurement)
- Start/stop capability for the duration of the loudness measurement segment
- Simultaneously display Dialnorm value from Dolby Metadata and the measured loudness value on the same display
- Loudness meter on the audio level meter/bar display with loudness measurement value in LKFS per ITU-R BS.1770-1 / 1771.
2. Audio Loudness Session Display which tracks and plots loudness over a given, user selectable display window. This will be provided as a chargeable upgrade (Option ALOG) for installed WFM7k/6k and WVR7k/6k products but will be included in new instruments purchased with the audio option.The key features of the Audio Loudness Session Display are:
- Loudness Trend Chart with adjustable display window
- Storage of loudness measurement values to USB or via Web interface