Features in Autodesk® Alias® automotive and industrial design software support concept visual communication, design modelling, technical surfacing, reverse engineering, real-time design visualisation and engineering development collaboration.
Expand your creativity
- Explore and iterate design concepts with digital sketching and illustration tools, 3D models, and near-photorealistic visualisations for clear communication and effective design decisions.
- More rapidly design conceptual form and shape with hybrid 2D sketch and NURBS-based 3D modeling workflows.
- Autodesk® Alias® Design and Autodesk® Alias® Automotive software provide integrated digital sketching tools and also include Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer software, an innovative hybrid raster and vector illustration tool for 2D concept design and graphic communication.
- For conceptual design, Alias Automotive includes Autodesk® Maya® software for subdivision modeling, advanced animation, and visualisation.
Perfect your designs
- Improve time from concept to precision, production-ready models with advanced NURBS-based curve and surface modelling tools.
- Refine A-side design details to help meet the highest precision Class-A technical surfacing requirements.
- Autodesk® Alias® Surface and Alias Automotive software provide advanced surface evaluation and analysis capabilities to help ensure that technical surfaces meet the most demanding design quality and engineering requirements.
- Alias Surface and Alias Automotive offer advanced reverse-engineering capabilities for importing and repairing scan data to help minimise time from mesh to production-ready and Class-A surfaces.
Unite design and engineering
- Easier sharing of data between design and engineering teams with more reliable data exchange capabilities (formerly known as Autodesk® DirectConnect) to reference engineering data for concept sketching, modeling, and production/Class-A surfacing.
- Help maintain design intent and integrity through the entire development process through easier sharing of production surface data with engineering teams using leading CAD software, including Autodesk® Inventor®, Siemens NX®, Dassault Systems Catia®, and Parametric Technology Corp. Creo Elements/Pro™ (formerly known as Pro/ENGINEER®).
- Included with Alias Design and Alias Automotive, Autodesk® Inventor® Fusion further expands the capabilities of Alias software, helping you validate and ensure that your model is engineering CAD ready.
- Autodesk® Alias® Design: more rapidly explore ideas, iterate design concepts, and refine details with software for industrial designers who own the entire design process, from concept sketches through production-ready surfaces. Also includes Autodesk SketchBook Designer and Autodesk Inventor Fusion.
- Autodesk® Alias® Surface: help evolve your design into high-quality production surfaces with a full set of dynamic modeling and Class-A technical surfacing capabilities for advanced consumer product and automotive design and styling.
- Autodesk® Alias® Automotive: the most comprehensive set of Alias tools, including specialised capabilities tailored for automotive designers. Used by some of the leading automotive styling studios throughout the world, Alias Automotive also includes Autodesk SketchBookDesigner, Autodesk Maya and Autodesk Inventor Fusion.
- Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer: get all the functionality of Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro software, plus an innovative hybrid paint and vector workflow for concept design illustration and graphic communication.
- Autodesk® Inventor® Fusion: Expand the capabilities of Alias software, making it easier to validate, repair, and help ensure your models are engineering CAD ready.
- Autodesk® Maya®: offers automotive designers a creative workflow featuring innovative tools for 3D subdivision modeling, advanced animation, effects, rendering, and compositing on a highly extensible production platform.