Automated Casting Machines / Zinc Block Casting System
Double Your Production & Halve Your Labour
The Lewis Australia automatic zinc block casting machine is capable of producing one tonne (jumbo) blocks at up to 30 tonnes per hour (higher rates for larger jumbos), utilising one operator to monitor the machine operations and remove the product with a forklift truck. Lower capacity and reduced automation configurations are also available at a reduced capital cost.
This is a flexible system that can be used to cast blocks in a variety of alloys and shapes, and weights of up to 2 tonnes. It utilises proven technologies to produce very high quality blocks at production rates never before achievable, at low operating costs and with a high level of safety.
Advantages of Lewis Jumbo Caster
The Lewis Zinc Block Casting Machine has a number advantages over other systems:
- It is the world's fastest caster. It can produce up to 30 tonnes per hour of 1 tonne blocks or up to 50 tonnes per hour of 2 tonne blocks. The high capacity, fully automated machine saves duplication of equipment and operating crews.
- Dross make in the machine using the Low Dross Automatic Pouring System is virtually eliminated. This leads to a major reduction of the costs and capacity losses associated with skimming recycle.
- Machine has the lowest possible operating cost ie. requires only one or two operators depending on configuration and capacity of machine. The operators are required to monitor machine functions and remove the blocks by fork lift from the machine. In the most economical arrangement, it can cast up to 200,000 tonnes per annum of zinc blocks with only one operator per shift. The fully automatic machine requires only one operator.
- This is the safest block caster in the world. With all manual functions removed and only one operator in the vicinity, the potential for injury is vastly diminished.
- Block quality has been critically acclaimed as the world's highest. The mould is stationary during freezing of the block top surface giving a ripple free surface. The fully automatic pouring system controls block weight to within 5 kg. Robotic dross removal provides a consistently effective removal equal to your best operator.
- The linear layout has space, layout and performance advantages
- Shortest possible launders for low dross make
- Less floor area required.
- It can be installed in the place of an existing slab/ingot caster.
To Know More about Automated Casting Machines / Zinc Block Casting System Please click here