Automatic Air Valve | A-S-015 (PN40)
The automatic air release valve discharges accumulated air from the system while it is under pressure.
The presence of air in a water system can reduce the effective cross sectional flow area resulting iii increased pressure loss and deceased flow.
Unwanted air may also cause water hammer and metering inaccuracies, while hastening corrosion.
The automatic air release valve, releases entrapped air from pressurized systems.
Without air valves pockets of accumulated air may cause tile following destructive phenomena:
- Obstruction to effective flow and hydraulic conductivity of the system along with a throttling effect similar to a partially closed valve. In extreme cases this will cause complete flow stoppage.
- Accelerate cavitation damages.
- High-pressure surges.
- Accelerate corrosion.
- Danger of a high-energy burst of compressed air.
The valve functions while the system is under pressure, according to the following stages:
1. Liquid fills the system and enters the valve.
2. The float rises and rolls the rubber sealing band to its sealing position.
3. Entrapped air, which accumulates at peaks along the system, rises to the top of the valve, which in turn displaces the liquid in the valve's body.
4. The float descends, peeling the rolling seal, the orifice opens, and the accumulated air is released.
5. Liquid re-enters the valve and the float rises, rolling the rubber sealing band to its sealing position.
Automatic air release valves are designed to release air as it accumulates at peaks of pressurized systems. They are not normally recommended for vacuum protection to release large volumes of air, because of the inherently small orifices.
For this purpose air & vacuum air valves have much larger orifices. However, automatic air release valves will permit air to re-enter under vacuum conditions. If this is not desirable, specify vacuum check valves.
- Working pressure range: 0.2-40 bat
- Test pressure for the air valve is 1.5 times its working pressure.
- Working Temperature: 600 C.
- Maximum short-term temperature: 900 C.
- A.R.I. patent, rolling seal mechanism:
1. Dramatically reduces the possibility of obstruction by debris.
2. One size orifice for a wide pressure range up to 64 bar.
3. Self cleaning mechanism.
- Lightweight, small dimensions, simple and reliable structure.
- Standard metal body - baked FBE coating.
- All operating parts are made of specially selected corrosion resistant materials.
- Available in 3/4", 1", male threaded BSP / flanged.
Upon ordering, please specify: model, size, working pressure, threads standard and type of liquid.