Larger systems use a "dual station" approach which has two housings per station.
The two housingsshare common manifold pipes which allow a fifty percent reduction in valves and, during backwash, two housings at a time (1 Dual Station) go off-line for cleaning.
The picture illustrates the "Dual Station" approach. Note that there are three stations, with each station having two housings on common manifold which is most visible below the housing.
This Pneutroller system also has six housings in a "Single Station" configuration with each housing having separate valves.
Applications of the Automatic Backwashing Filter System
The ABW is being used in many industries throughout the WORLD as well as overseas in such places as Argentina, Taiwan, Chile and Venezuela and USA.
Industries served include:
Automotive - Steel - Petroleum - Chemical - Pharmaceutical - Electronics - Nuclear Power - Superfund Sites - Groundwater and Soil Remediation - Commercial Laundries - Entertainment - Food - Mining -Detergents - Paper
Applications of the Automatic Backwashing Filter System include:
Cooling Towers - Coolants - Membrane Protection - Sulfuric and other Acids - Harvesting Steroids - Oil Reclamation - Potable and DI Water - Bottling Plants - Food Processing - Recycling
Absolute Filters | General and Specialist Filtration Systems
Absolute Filters is a leading supplier of both general and specialist filtration systems. We are specialists in automatic filtering systems and can customise a filter/strainer system to suit your particular application. We warehouse a large assortment of filters and strainers to provide quick service and supply.
OUR PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
- Single filters and strainers
- Dual-duplex filters and strainers
- Manual and fully automatic filters and strainers
- Gravity, medium and high pressure filters to 10,000 PISG
- Vacuum pump inlet filters and exhaust filters
- Instrumentation protection filters
- Cartridge filters
- Specialist membrane and coalescing filters for gases and high purity air requirements
- Environmental modular systems for raw water treatment, waste - water recycling and disinfection
- New, are our liquid-liquid centrifugal separators for the separation of liquids of varying specific gravity, for example oil in water.
- New, Centrasep Centrifuge, which can refine liquid products down to 1 micron. Constructed of 316 stainless steel, this system lends itself to the most industrious application where automation is essential.