Features of the Blendscan Pile Online Automatic Blending System:
- Computes and filters on-line the quality (eg. LSF, SR, AR, liquid phase, oxides) of the building mix and the cumulated stockpile.
- Corrects possible deviations from the target quality (e.g. LSF, SR, AR) for a target stockpile tonnage (batch control) or continuously (continuous control) end after each new GEOSCAN measurement by automatically adjusting proportions of the input materials (e.g. limestone premix, clay or marl premix, slag, slate, etc). Exact knowledge of the input material compositions is not required, only the main differences in quality between input materials.
- Takes into account constraints such as limitations on input material proportions by a proprietary constraint control and optimisation algorithm.
- Rejects anomalous readings due to short term upsets such as temporary stops of feeders or the GEOSCAN and stockpile changes.
- Communicates with various devices (GEOSCAN, dosage controllers/feeders) via customised protocols (Industrial Ethernet, Profibus, OPC, etc.).
- Visualises in real-time the quality corresponding to each layer in a stockpile layer plot (longitudinal stockpiles) or to each angular section in an angular section plot (circular stockpiles).
- Offers a reliable user-friendly human-machine interface (HMI) to introduce the recipe (e.g. selection of input materials from a database, quality and tonnage targets) for the current and future stockpiles, view on-line, historic trends and alarms.
- Generates electronic reports (either automatically; daily, monthly, yearly or manually; for a specific time interval).
- Minimised variations in product quality
- Better quarry management
- Increased profits
- Configuration flexibility
- Reliable HMI based on Siemens WinCC