Automation Processes Safety System - Planar4
- High-integrity pressure protection systems
- Emergency stop systems on drilling platforms
- Extremely time-critical safety circuits
- Primary shut-down systems
Planar4 systems are programmed by means of wiring, which makes them extremely robust. Various wiring techniques are used for programming: solder, Termipoint, and Wire Wrap on the backplane bus board.
Input and output statuses, limits and time values can be transmitted via OPC-DA, PROFIBUS DP or MODBUS to control and visualisation systems. Events – HIMA signals with time stamps, that is – are transmitted via RS485 Alarm&Event.
The integrated diagnostic routines ensure rapid error signalling and easy trouble-shooting, even for untrained personnel. Remote diagnosis is possible in conjunction with the communication options.
Planar4 – the highlights
- For use up to SIL4
- MTBF > 200 years
- Switching time 2-10 ms
- Scalable redundancy
- Communicates via OPC, PROFIBUS DP, MODBUS
- Monitoring for open and short circuits
- Space-saving 19” technology