Automotive Assembly & Test Systems Engine Assembly & Testing
Lewis Australia is Australia’s leading supplier of engine assembly systems.
Over 3 million engines (I4, I6 & V6) have been built and tested on Lewis assembly lines. Currently this figure grows by nearly 250,000 per year.
In partnership with our clients, we use simultaneous engineering to deliver the most efficient production equipment in the minimum time.
This results in the most appropriate mix of automated and manual functions in line with quality, flexibility and cost objectives. Error-proofing and poke-yoke principles are applied throughout.
The Lewis modular, non-synchronous pallet conveyor forms the basic building block for Lewis assembly lines.
It's modular construction allows:
- Fast, easy expansion or relocation of assembly line.
- Ease of reprocessing for model or volume changes.
- Ease of retrofitting automatic stations to replace manual operations.
- Flexibility for multiple models to be produced on the same line.
Conveyor features include:
- Friction drive for safety
- Individual PLC control for flexibility
- Infra-red communication between modules - no wires
- All electric drives - no hydraulics
- Full stainless steel covers
- 90° and 180° pallet rotate options
- Pallet exit and conveyor corner module options
- Manual and auto pallet stops
- Pallet lift/locate units.
Our range of automatic and semiautomatic stations include:
- Spin testing (torque to turn)
- Oil filling
- Leak testing
- Hot testing
- Bolt feeding
- Nutrunning and bolt tightening
- Sealant application
- Loading, manipulation, unloading
- Piston & Con-rod assembly
To Know More about Automotive Assembly & Test Systems Engine Assembly & Testing Please click here