- turbocharging and intercooling, EDC engine regulation, emission standard EURO4, with OBD (on-board diagnosis) and NOX-control, external controlled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and PM-KAT.
- No AdBlue fuel additive necessary.
- Fitted with MAN Engine Valve Brake (EVB).
- MAN 12 speed TipMatic (ZF AStronic) gearbox.
- 12 forward speeds,
- 2 reverse ratios.
- Suitable for gross train weights up to 70T (occasionally up to 90T+GTW upon application).
- Automated constant-mesh gearbox.
- With MAN TipMatic, shifting and clutching are electro-pneumatic - there is no clutch pedal.
- Normal mode is automated with manual mode available (shifting via fingertip lever).
- Driving with engaged PTO only in gears 1, 3 or 5. ‘M’ setting for precise low-speed manoevering in forward and reverse.
Intake / Exhaust System
- Raised air intake mounted on the rear L/H side of the cabin with air filter housing mounted under rear of cabin.
- Exhaust is downswept - position varies with fuel tank installation options.
- Optional upright exhaust available.
Wheels and Tyres
- Fitted with 295/80 R22.5 tyres on 8.25 x 22.5 10 hole steel disc wheels.
- Spare wheel supplied loose and mounted temporarily on frame.
- Basic wheel changing equipment fitted in cabin storage lockers.
Front Axle / Front Suspension
- MAN dropped front axle with ‘sealed for life’ hub units.
- Parabolic springs with shock absorbers and stabiliser.
- 7,100kg capacity on prime movers.
- 8,000kg capacity on rigid chassis.
Rear Axle / Rear Suspension
- MAN Hypoid axle with “sealed for life” hub units.
- 8 air bag electronically controlled air suspension (ECAS) with stabilisers and shock absorbers.
- Fitted with Differential Locks and Interaxle lock.
- Optional differential ratios available: 2.85, 3.36, 3.70, 4.11, 4.63.
- Multi leaf springs and MAN hub reduction axles available on some models.
- Suspension design rating: 13,000kgs.
- Aluminium fuel tanks fitted with lockable fuel caps.
- 400Ltrs standard fitted to primemovers or optional 600Ltrs, 780Ltrs or 780/250Ltrs combination.
- 400Ltrs standard fitted to rigid wheelbases
- Ladder frame made from QstE500TM high strength steel.
- Frame Dimensions 270mm x 85mm x 8mm.
- Chassis fitted with ECE compliant Front Underrun Protection System (FUPS).
- Steel bumper available on some models.
- MAN Electronic Brake System (EBS) with ABS standard.
- Disc Brakes fitted to all axles with brake wear monitoring and wear equalisation function.
- Full air operated system fitted with air dryer.
- MAN ‘easy start’ function holds service brakes on hills for smoother pulling away.
- Anti jack-knife brake.
- Single plate 430mm diameter clutch - asbestos free.
- Vehicle electronically limited to 100kmh.
- XL Cab (single sleeper) 2440mm wide, 2280mm long.
- XLX Cab (single sleeper high roof) 2440mm wide, 2280mm long.
- Cab compliant with ECE R29 safety requirements.
- All metal parts are Galvanised.
- 65 degree cab tilt angle, 87 degree door opening.
- Exterior sunvisor.
- Entry lighting for driver and passenger.
- Central locking for both doors.
- Electrically adjustable and heated mirrors including kerb mirrors.
- Lockable front access panel.
- Built-in side storage lockers.
- Electrically operated cab tilting mechanism.
- Mechanical roof hatch.
- Air sprung cab mounts front and rear.
- Chrome trim to front grille.
- Stone guard grille in front of radiator.
- Cab door extensions (excl steel bumper models).
- Full aerodynamic kit and roof spoiler options available for most models.
- Full width cab with easy cross cab access due to low engine tunnel (1875mm headroom on tunnel in XLX cab).
- High comfort drivers seat with air suspension in black velour, with arm rests and integrated seat belt.
- Factory fitted climate control system, radio/CD player with MAN 6 speaker sound system with subwoofer, electrically operated power windows, interior sunblinds to windscreen and both doors, full curtains.
- Slide-out central storage box between seats.
- 2 large storage drawers in dash console, modular cup holder.
- Silver dashboard trim strip, storage compartment in door armrest and glasses compartment in dashboard.
- Reading lamps for driver and co-driver. Storage lockers above windscreen in XLX cab.
- Full electronic High Line dash display with easy access to vehicle information systems.
- Permanent guages: tachometer, speedometer, odometer, air pressure guages, water temperature, fuel guage, indicator operation, gear selection.
- Sample electronic display: time, outside temperature, turbo boost, trip meter, brake wear, oil level, fuel consumption, battery voltage.
- Warning lights for all major functions such as: diff lock status, low air pressure, low fuel, lights, cab lock, air suspension.
- Fully adjustable steering wheel with pneumatic lock. Multifunction steering wheel interfaces with CD/radio, cruise control and electronic dash display functions.
- 24V Electrical system with manual battery isolation switch.
- 80 Amp alternator, 2 x 175Ah batteries.
- Headlights fitted with longlife H7 type globes, additional integrated lower spotlight/foglight with longlife H7 globes.
- LED strip parking light.
- Lighting system operation check.
- Cornering light which automatically illuminates when indicator is activated and lights are switched on below 30kmh - concealed in front foglamp cluster.
- LED top marker lights. (Cornering light not available with steel bumper).
- Cab, bumper and lower plastics finished in Traffic White (RAL9016).
- Chassis finished in Graphite Black (RAL 9011).
- Where steel bumper is fitted, the bumper and lower plastics are finished in grey and door extensions are not fitted.